Cheboygan County, Michigan Warrants and Arrest Records
Please fill in the form below to begin your Michigan arrest records search
In Cheboygan County, Indiana an active warrant is the sign of near irrefutable proof in a case against the accused. It is because of this reason that police officers are given a free hand when arresting a person who has an outstanding warrant from Cheboygan in his name.
However, a detention may not always occur only when the police have a warrant to justify it. There are four scenarios in which an individual may be arrested without a warrant and yet he will have to go through a formal bail hearing to secure release.
- When a person is arrested with illegal arms or drugs on him
- If an individual is discovered while he is committing an illegal act
- When an offender is fleeing the scene of the crime; this is common is armed robbery cases.
- If an outstanding warrant from Cheboygan or any other place is already out in the name ofperson
Arrest warrants are not needed when the offenders are already being held in custody. These people just have to be presented before the court for bail and arraignment hearings. At this point, three state agencies are accepting requests for Cheboygan County warrant searches and are offering details on arrest records from the area. These are:
- Police: 870 S Main St, Cheboygan, Michigan 49721
- Clerk of Court: PO Box 70, Cheboygan, Michigan 49721
- Magistrate: 870 S Main St, Cheboygan, MI 49721
In Cheboygan County, MI it is normal for the police to handle no less than 400 criminal complaints per annum. So, in the period from 2001 to 2008, over 3000 crime reports were filed in the area and only about 7% of these were violent. In fact, only one case of homicide was reported during this interval. Overall, crime trends revealed a mixed picture with a decrease of nearly 20% in the rates of reported crime and an increase of almost 30% in the average of violent criminal acts.